This site is operated by Egencia Travel India Private Limited, having its offices at 22nd Floor, DLF Building 5 Tower C, DLF Cyber City, Phase III, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana, India (“Egencia”)
This Privacy Statement sets out our information privacy practices as follows:
- Corporate Travel Program - Overview
- What information we collect
- Use of personal information
- Disclosure of information
- Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- How you can access your information
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contacting us
Management of your information
This Privacy Statement discloses the information privacy practices for Egencia with respect to the Egencia.co.in web site ("Egencia.co.in"). This Corporate Travel Program and associated web site are intended for use by India organisations and employees of such organisations who are over 18 years of age.
We understand that making bookings online involves a great deal of trust on your part; we take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personally information you provide to us. (Personal Information includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, or payment details.)
This document sets out Egencia’s policy concerning the management of personal information and describes the types of personal information Egencia holds, the purposes for which it holds that personal information, and the ways in which Egencia collects, holds, uses and discloses that information.
Corporate Travel Program
To manage its business travel needs, your organisation has enrolled in the Egencia Program. Under this Program, your organization may designate a travel manager ("Travel Manager") to manage and administer the travel needs of your organisation and may appoint one or more travel arrangers ("Arranger" or "Global Arranger") to book and manage the travel of individual employees ("Travelers"), as well as non-employees as deemed appropriate by the company (“Guests”).
Rules relating to bookings by Travelers
To book and manage their own travel, Travelers must register to become a member of this web site or have profile data loaded in our system by the Egencia implementation team. Travelers who do not register to become members of this web site must rely on their Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger. If you are a Traveler, this Privacy Statement applies to you regardless of whether you are booking and managing travel yourself or through your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger. This Privacy Statement also applies regardless of whether the travel you book is business or personal. Accordingly, unless we expressly provide otherwise, when we refer to "you" in this Privacy Statement, we are referring to you as the Traveler, whether you are acting on behalf of yourself or through a Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger.
Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers
While this Privacy Statement is primarily directed at Travelers and Guests, it also applies to Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers.
Any personal information that a Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger provides to us about himself or herself in connection with our Corporate Travel Program is managed as set out in this Privacy Statement. Egencia, however, reserves the right to contact Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers as contemplated by their organisations Corporate Travel Agreement with us (e.g., for feedback on the Program, to discuss the business relationship, discuss new promotions, etc.). This contact may occur via phone, e-mail or postal mail.
When booking and managing travel on behalf of any Traveler or Guest, Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers must obtain the relevant Traveler's or Guest’s consent. Travel Managers, Arrangers and Global Arrangers must also ensure that the relevant Traveler or Guest receives and agrees to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Each Travel Manager, Arranger and Global Arranger also agrees to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement when providing or handling any personal information of any Traveler or Guest.
Whether you book travel directly from us or allow your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger to do so on your behalf, authorized individuals within your company may have access to your member ID, password, name of your member account, as well as your travel itineraries and all other information in your account, and may also direct that we share this information with third parties for recordkeeping or other authorized purposes. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger will also be able to update your profile settings (excluding your Member ID and password) and travel preferences. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger will also be able to view, change, or cancel any of your trip itineraries.
Scope of Statement
This Privacy Statement sets out the information collection and use practices of Egencia. The policies or practices of your organisation may differ, and we are not responsible for any use or disclosure of your personal information by anyone at your organisation or any acts or omissions of your organisation, Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger. If you have any questions about the manner your organisation, Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger handles your personal information or bookings or manages travel on your behalf, please contact the appropriate representative of your organisation.
What information we collect about you
Before you access the Egencia website, we require you to sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. Generally, Egencia collects and stores all information you enter on this web site including, without limitation, all personal information about you that you specifically and voluntarily provide or give us in any other way. We also may request information about your travel preferences, including meal request, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and ticketing options. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger may provide us additional personal information about you such as your employer ID number.
On all pages of this web site that collect personal information, we specifically describe what information is required in order to provide you with the product or service you have requested.
Circumstances where Egencia collects personal information include, without limitation, when you:
- Complete the Egencia Program Application
- Become an Egencia member
- Complete a Traveler profile
- Book travel
- Use the Travel Arranger service
- Participate in a survey
- Contact us
For the purpose of fulfilling a travel request, Egencia may collect sensitive information about you. Sensitive information includes, without limitation:
(a) information about your racial or ethnic origin (such as passport information)
(b) information about your religious beliefs or affiliations (for example, if you request a kosher meal); or
(c) health information about you (such as dietary or other special requirements);
and is information from which your identity may reasonably be ascertained.
Egencia will only collect sensitive information about you where you have consented to Egencia collecting the sensitive information by specifically and voluntarily providing such information or the collection of the sensitive information is otherwise permitted or required by law.
Egencia collects the full name, contact number and other personal information of a Traveler when a travel reservation is made on this web site. We may also collect information about each Traveler's preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car hire programs and membership numbers, and ticketing options...
When someone other than yourself is accompanying you on travel booked through this web site, we may collect personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Egencia with their personal information and travel preferences, as they will be unable to directly access our systems to view or change any information you provide on their behalf.
Cookies and other Web technologies
While this cookie does not contain any personal information, it may be associated with your personal information in order to provide you with targeted email notifications. Click here to find out more about cookies.
Egencia automatically collects certain information about your computer when you visit this web site. For example, we collect information about your IP address, operating system, Web browser software (e.g. Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referrer Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Failure to provide information
In order to access the Egencia website, you must sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. When making travel plans or a booking using this web site, you must provide the requested contact information and financial information. We will use your contact information to reserve the required services, to send you details of the confirmation, for billing purposes and to inform you of any updates or changes to your travel plans.
If you do not provide the requested information, you will not be able to access the Egencia website, and we may not be able to complete your requests or orders...
Use of your information
Information collected on this web site may be used to:
- Register you as an Egencia member
- Plan and book travel
- Provide travel confirmations through the Travel Alerts service
- Notify you about special promotions, offers and products or services that may be of interest
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Reward you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join
- Solicit information from you, including through surveys
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
- Measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Web site
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
If you chose to receive communications from Egencia about special promotions when registering as a member of this web site, we may use your e-mail address to send you communications about surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, flight specials, or other travel opportunities on this web site and its marketing partners. We may also use your e-mail address or telephone number to contact you about changes to your travel itinerary.
Disclosure of your information
Egencia may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, cruise, car rental companies, or activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout this web site, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of your personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you book through this web site. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your travel reservation.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information.
- Others within you organization, such as your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger, as described above in the "Travel Managers, Arrangers, and Global Arrangers" section.
- Companies within the Expedia family. Sharing this information with our corporate affiliates, including Expedia.com, Expedia.com.au, Expedia.co.uk, Hotels.com, Hotwire, VIA Egencia and Classic Vacations, enables us to provide you with information about products and services, both travel-related and other, which might interest you. To the extent that our corporate affiliates have access to your information, they will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Privacy Statement. They also will comply with applicable laws governing the transmission of promotional communications and, at a minimum, give you an opportunity in any commercial e-mail they send to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
Transfer of information overseas
At present, Egencia centralises its records of personal information for all Egencia operations, including those on this web site. As a consequence Egencia may perform some of its data processing of your personal information outside India, for example in the European Union and the United States. To do this, Egencia may transfer your personal information internationally to other countries including the European Union and the United States. Egencia will only transfer your personal information to another country if:
Egencia reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of your personal information that are substantially similar to the local Privacy principles; or
the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Egencia, or for the implementation of pre contractual measures taken in response to the your request; or
Egencia has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the personal information inconsistently with the local Privacy principles.
Egencia will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store your data by following this privacy statement. By becoming a member of Egencia, you give your consent to this transfer of your personal information.
Our legal obligations
Egencia may be required by law to disclose information you have provided in obtaining travel products or services in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary
to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Egencia or the site;
where Egencia has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, as part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities in relation to the property of Egencia, and
to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Egencia, the site or the public.
Under U.S. Law, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Customs and Border Protection ("CBP") will receive some of your travel and reservation information, known as Passenger Name Record or PNR data, prior to arrival in, or departure from, the U.S.A.
In relation to PNR data originating from the European Union ("EU"), the CBP has issued a number of undertakings which represent a unilateral declaration on how CBP will handle and utilise such PNR data. CBP has undertaken that it uses this PNR data for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. The PNR may include information provided during the booking process or held by airlines or travel agents. The information will be retained for at least three years and six months and may be shared with other authorities. For further information about these arrangements, including measures taken by the CBP to safeguard your personal information, see: http://www.dhs.gov.
We may also disclose your personal information to various other law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- You can add or update information on the My Profile and My Trips pages and close your account as described below.
- As a participant in the Egencia Program, you may receive communications from us notifying you of special promotions or other travel news. You can discontinue your subscription to Egencias promotional email services at any time on the My Profile page under the heading "E-mail settings", or by telling your Travel Manager, Arranger or Global Arranger that you no longer wish to receive such communications from Egencia. (Egencia cannot be responsible for any failure by them to communicate your preferences to us.) You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Egencia account or your Egencia transactions without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this web site, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Egencia to plan and book your travel, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can access your information
Egencia believes that members and site visitors should have control over the collection and use of their personal information. You have access to your information in the following areas of this web site:
The My Profile pages on Egencia allows members to view and change their account settings. The email settings option lets you change your email address and subscribe or unsubscribe to the special promotional notification services. You can also change your password and elect to have an automatic password sign-in when logging on to this web site. You can add new Travelers and delete existing Travelers from your member profile; update or correct names, phone numbers, passport information, and emergency contacts for Travelers associated with your profile; and update your travel preferences.
Request to close an account
You can close your Egencia account by calling us at the telephone numbers provided below. Once you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any information associated with the account, but you can open a new account at any time. We will send you an e-mail confirming your account closure to the e-mail address contained in your member profile.
The My Trips page on this website allows members to view, update, or delete their saved itineraries.
In the event that you notify Egencia that certain personal information about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Egencia shall take reasonable steps to correct the personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If any part of this Web site links you to other Web sites, those Web sites do not operate under this Privacy Statement. We recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on those other Web sites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Egencia may update this Privacy Statement in the future. We will notify you about material changes to this Privacy Statement by sending a notice to the e-mail address you provided to us or by placing a notice on our Web site.
If you have questions about our Privacy Statement, please e-mail us.
We want to make sure you have control over your online travel experience, from planning and booking your travel to protecting your personal information.
Egencia customer service agents are ready to help with your Egencia travel concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please e-mail us your questions and comments and you will receive a response within 4 hours. If you need more immediate assistance, you may call an agent at + 1 (800) 266-2233 or + 91 40 6622 4830(toll applies). You may also call at any time the customer service number given to you upon company sign-up.
In addition, you may directly contact the travel supplier at the phone number or address provided on your travel itinerary.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 13th of December, 2012